The Worshipful Company of Haberdashers
The school, named after its founder, Thomas Aldersey, dates back to 1594 when it was a boys’ grammar school. The school buildings and grounds are owned by the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers, one of the twelve Great Livery Companies of London, but is now administered by the Rural Church Schools Academy Trust, a Cheshire based MAT. The Worshipful Company of Haberdashers takes a Trustee interest in the school and provides annual endowment funding which support projects at the school. Members of the Company visit St Boniface church in Bunbury annually and present Bibles to each Year 6 pupil during that visit. Year 5 and Year 6 visit Haberdashers’ Hall in London every other year. The school Principal will be pleased to supply any further details about the history of our school, we have lots!
To find out more, follow the link: www.haberdashers.co.uk